PDA

View Full Version : The Cross

Richard Stern
12-20-2008, 04:40 PM
A cross marking the entrance to a local subdivision has a wooden carved eagle on top. The other evening I caught this sunset on the way home from work.

D300, Nikon 18-200 at 32mm., ISO800, 1/400 at f7.1, -1.3EV, hand-held.

Comments welcome.

Richard

Roman Kurywczak
12-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey Richard,
You placed the cross in the frame well and the sky colors are beautiful.......just enough of a base to hold it also. I am debating the 2 house rooflines and the black area to the left of them........not that they aren't part of the comp and unobtrusive.....just not sure they fit.....if that makes sense. Only though I had.......was getting a little close to the cross and aiming up more.....but then you lose the grounding base I like. Not sure right now what else could have been done.......maybe others will chime in. I do see a lot of noise in the sky.....a slight run of noise reduction will quickly remedy that.

Robert Amoruso
12-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Richard,

Love the cross and the sky but like Roman bothered by the houses as they do compete with the center of interest and diminish its power somewhat. Moving left could have given you better separation of the cross and houses and then going vertical.

You could sill go vertical here and clone out those houses.