PDA

View Full Version : The Koi Pond

Bill McCrystyn
01-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Created with an EOS 20D / 100-400L IS @ ISO 400 EFL 640mm f/5.6 1/500 Partial AWB. This is one of the largest Koi I have ever seen. At 18"- 24" he came in a rush to see what I might have to feed him. I left the pond debris in the bottom left of the frame to add dimension. He is about 3-4" under water.

DanWalters
01-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Nice image. I really like the colors and the comp. I also really like the diturbance in the water above the koi.

D. Robert Franz
01-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Nice colors and the swirling water is very nice. I think you could crop a bit off the bottom of the frame since it's a bit to much dead space...

Bill McCrystyn
01-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Thank you Robert, that swish came as he drug his tail through the water on his way to see me. I knew I was pushing the limits on the swimming "into area" but I frame at 12x18 to hold costs down and be conforming from one shot to the next - so unfortunatly with me if one area goes another gets added on. To maintain size and with this image I'm not sure any other layout would work better. I am afraid if I just crop tighter and resize I will lose what little res I have left. I am currently working with a 8 Mpx 20D and am about to buy a 40D to see if those 2 extra Mpx will help. I always seem to be on the ragged edge. Any suggestions would be appreciated.