PDA

View Full Version : The Wave Panorama

Michael Pancier
12-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Went through my earlier shots from this year and decided to try out the Photomerge in PS CS 4 on my Wave images.

This is 13 stitched vertical images.
5d+24-105L @ 28mm
f/16
1/40
Manual Mode

Robert Amoruso
12-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Nice lines Michael but I am bothered by the cut top of the middle rock. Looks a bit soft too.

Phil Colla
12-20-2008, 03:25 PM
These are tough. I too tried a variety of panoramas from the wave, and only found a couple that I liked. The leading lines in the foreground are good. Agree with Robert about clipping to top of the rock.

David Kennedy
12-20-2008, 03:38 PM
I have to agree with Robert that the middle rock is awkwardly clipped from the top...maybe a more intentional "cut" would be interesting? Also, on the right edge of the image, I have to admit I am bothered by the beginning of the repeating rock form...a crop from the right might address this handily.

Michael Pancier
12-20-2008, 04:00 PM
how's this? cropped from the top and the right ....

David Kennedy
12-20-2008, 04:03 PM
There's a part of me that thinks you can cut from the top even more....but I like what you did with the right, because now one of the lines on the floor of the wave is running right into the corner (I like diagonals at 45 degrees going into corners...I'm not sure why, though...some strange aesthetic of mine!)

Dave Mills
12-20-2008, 04:11 PM
I've been to the Wave twice and it's indeed a magical place. Cutting the top did bother me a bit also. Would have liked to have seen the image without the cut top and be able to compare the two. You had excellent lighting and a different composition then I've seen taken there.

Robert Amoruso
12-20-2008, 07:58 PM
There's a part of me that thinks you can cut from the top even more....but I like what you did with the right, because now one of the lines on the floor of the wave is running right into the corner (I like diagonals at 45 degrees going into corners...I'm not sure why, though...some strange aesthetic of mine!)

I agree David, I like diagonals into corners.

Mitchell Krog
01-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Can't say I would be unhappy with that in my gallery, middle rock would be better not cut off but still a great image with vibrant colours and great lines.