PDA

View Full Version : How Bout A Feather On Ice

Mike Moats
12-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Thought this feather I found in the sand at the edge of a lake would add interest to some leaves in ice.

Fuji S5, Sigma 180 macro, Tripod, Natural Light, ISO125, F32, 1.3sec

denise ippolito
12-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Mike I just love the perfect placement and bend in the feather. The details in the feather are great-well done

Julie Kenward
12-20-2008, 09:30 AM
I love the detail in the feather but for some reason this one feels too busy to me. Feather and ice or feather and leaf...but all three seem to be distracting to me. Go figure...

Roman Kurywczak
12-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Hey Mike,
Super DOF as always and nice textures throughout. I'm with Jules on this one.......may be a too much of a good thing for my tastes. BTW........I didn't comment on the other leaves and ice.......but think that was super.......with all the textures. Very nice balance between the ice and amount of leaves.

Ed Vatza
12-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Ditto the above. The feather looks perfect. Great detail. The white is perfect. And the texture and color contrast so well with the leaves. But the ice looks like it just there. Kinda like the broken shells we find in sand.

Anita Bower
12-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Pleasing image. The feather amidst the dry leaves and ice is unexpected, and made me look more closely--caught my attention. Beautiful textures, and, of course, composition. The ice doesn't bother me.
Do you carry found items (such as this feather) around with you to place in your photos?

Anita Bower

Mike Moats
12-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks all for comments, Anita I do carry interesting subject as I find them. I carried this feather I found a sandy area at the edge of a lake and looked for a background to place it on. The leaves below the feather were frozen into the ice at the edge of the lake.