PDA

View Full Version : Roman in South Florida !!!

Alfred Forns
12-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Had the pleasure of meeting Roman Kurywczak and shoot with him this morning !! A real treat and we had a fine time. Went to Waco and Butterfly World. Here he is working on the GBH while an Anhinga keeps him company !!

Comment welcome and much appreciated

Fabs Forns
12-19-2008, 08:07 PM
A typical case of too much lens :)

denise ippolito
12-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi Roman, Florida looks good on you!!

Richard Waas
12-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Hey Roman, wish I was there. The Miami gang is always up for some good times (photographing of course).

Gus Cobos
12-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Hey Roman,
Looking good...you even have a pet Anhinga keeping you company...:cool:

Roman Kurywczak
12-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Hi All,
BTW............what you can barely make out....is the Anhinga is laughing because my bag with the shorter lens........is right beneath him......at least he didn't leave a present!

Had a great time with Al and Fabs and would like to thank them for their hospotality. It was also a pleasure to meet Harold and Lance as well as Paul Marcelini the day before. As I long suspected..........the BPN gang is a great group of people.

Thanks again Al and Fabs........and look forward to a few more outings!

Julie Kenward
12-20-2008, 09:26 AM
My, Roman, what a big lens you have! ;):D;)

It's always great to see photos of the gang in their "natural habitat" but how am I ever supposed to go out with my 70-200mm lens again and feel adequate? That is one seriously unbelievable lens you have there Roman. Wow...

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Looks like the bird is giving instructions, how much does the bird charge for his workshop.

Also what lens are you using?

Maxis Gamez
12-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Cool Roman, I'm glad you had a good time!!

Beth Goffe
12-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey, I know that guy! Glad you're having a great time! :D

Roman Kurywczak
12-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Jules........you know it's not the size of the lens but (.....edited by James Shadle to keep it clean....:D)

The lens is the Sigma 300-800.......with the 1.4 attached. I was trying to get another Anhinga doing the Ipod.........Alfred will have to explain.........lets just say they were feeling a bit frisky.

as for the Anhinga.........best i could understand was ......he got so close because he heard about us Jersey guys........imagine that........wanting a payoff! ......but he wasn't nearly as annoying as the Kingfisher that spent the entire time laughing at me

Ramon M. Casares
12-20-2008, 04:00 PM
I hope I can go back out with you Alfred and Fabs! Take me to Anhing trail!!!! hahaha
Seems like one great spot!

Arthur Morris
12-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Quiz: How do you pronounce Roman's last name?

a-curry-check
b-koory-why-cee-zak
c-kur-yuh-cee-zak
d-Kurywczak

Fabs Forns
12-21-2008, 05:19 PM

a-curry-check
b-koory-why-cee-zak
c-kur-yuh-cee-zak
d-Kurywczak

I know, but won't spoil the fun :)

Layton E Parham
12-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Is Roman traveling to other Florida locations?

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-21-2009, 12:11 AM

a-curry-check
b-koory-why-cee-zak
c-kur-yuh-cee-zak
d-Kurywczak

I suspect Roman is of Polish decent so I would dare say

Koor-eev-chuck.. but the 'ee' is a short 'ee' if you know what I mean. ;)

Though I don't know him personally. :)

Now how do you pronounce mine? Hahaha!

I also want to add that you folks have no idea how spoilt you are with your birds up there! Try getting THAT close to one of our Darters (Anhinga melanogaster). I wish you luck..... but only in a zoo here. :(