PDA

View Full Version : More Snow

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-19-2008, 07:15 PM
We got hammered today with ten more inches of snow and my springs are freezing up with the cold temps. I saw a leaf in a open spot with the driving snow and branch hanging down.

I used focal point to try to blur the background.

MarkII
tripod
ISo 50
lens 24-105
1/8@f/22
focal 58mm

Roman Kurywczak
12-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey Curly,
As you know........I flew away from this one. Will have to try them when I get back......but for now will struggle witht he 80's. I'll have to buy you a beer when we meet for rubbing it in.

I like the selective focus you used and your choice of SS was also excellent. This emphasized the little mound of snow and the falling snow. Did the selective focus cause the darker vignette around the frame??....if it did.....I like it. My only issue was the darker area in the central upper part of frame........it is pretty dominant and draws my eye. Do a browser crop (scroll until the edge of window.....crops the top)......until you eliminate about 2/3 of it from top........then even go further.....until it is entirely gone.......I like both.....but prefer the 2/3'ds one (there should be a little darker area in the UR frame).....but if you do decide to go with the pano......I would probably not go with eliminating the black entirely.......but clone in some similar area.........as it starts to get a little tight on the snow mound.
Stay warm..........and keep the snow scenes coming..........gives me something to look forward to in 3 weeks.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-20-2008, 11:02 AM
You're right on the dark spot so I quick masked it out.

Focal point does put the darker vignette around the frame.

We had 5 below this morning which is very cold as Lake Michigan keeps us warmer, but not Miami warm you lucky dog!

Robert Amoruso
12-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Your on the rigth track Dennis but I can see the masking work.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks Robert I see it to

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Hope this is better as I just did a fast action on the second image as I was leaving for work