PDA

View Full Version : Shy Damsefly

Andrew George
01-19-2008, 06:39 AM
Taken in late spring of 2007.

Matthew Pugh
01-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Hi
A nicely composed image of this little fellow, with some good subject action happening within the frame.
Personally my main concern would be that there are two primary eye focusing points within this image, with the secondary one (lower leg) having the appearance of being sharper then the primary area (eye). IMO this has the effect of drawing much of the initial eye attention to the wrong area of the image.
But little quibbles aside I really like the overall composition that shows a good, and interesting use of the perch within the frame.
So a pretty cool image
Matthew

Nicole Brooker
01-19-2008, 02:48 PM
An interesting idea with a nice subject. Without knowing specifics of the technical details it looks like the DOF is a little shallow and the focus on the leg. I like the perch and the background.

Robert Amoruso
01-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Andrew,

I would have to agree with the focus suggestions as it is not critical on the eye. Very nice composition and colors.

Arjan van der Stelt
01-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi Andrew nice to see you here, think the focus is on the leg and the DOF to small but maybe some more info will help because I have seen better pictures from you......

Andrew George
01-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks all, maybe not my best, but I try to learn over here and show some work I also doubt about.

Mike Moats
01-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Hey Andrew, I traditionally like to see one of the eyes or head in focus, and not sure if your idea was to leave the head a little soft for an more abstract look. If that was your intention than to nailed it.

Georgina Salup
01-24-2008, 07:14 AM
Dragonflies are my favorite macro subject, but on this case I would like to suject the focus on the eye and top of the head.