PDA

View Full Version : First Everglades Landscape of 2008

Roman Kurywczak
12-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Hi All......and greeting from S. Miami. When I knew I was coming down here for the holidays.......I decided to get in touch with Paul Marcellini........our resident Everglades landcape expert.........and go out with him. We were real close on this one.......as the sky looked like it was primed to explode with color......alas.......as often is the case as a landscape photographer........the show didn't quite happen. As I don't normally do landscapes down here........it was still fun for me and it was also very nice meeting fellow BPN'er Paul.......and put a face to the images.
Canon Mark 3 with the 17-40mm lens at 17mm........circular polariser......5 stops of split ND filter at f22 for 2.5 seconds at ISO 100. All mounted on tripod and 2 second timer enabled.
As always comments welcomed and appreciated.

Jackie Schuknecht
12-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow Roman! Simply and like the FG rocks and grasses. I find my eye going throughout the frame. Beautiful.

denise ippolito
12-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Roman, This is outstanding! I love the starburst and the colors on the water-the FG looks great-this is sharp and dreamy at the same time-very well done

Dave Mills
12-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Even though you didn't get a wildly flaming sky you certainly captured a pleasing and interesting image. Well handled technically!

Michael Pancier
12-18-2008, 10:19 PM
that's sweet Roman. Which lake is this? did you use 2 ndg's?

Fabs Forns
12-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Very nice, Roman, really pretty. I see Pine lake still has a lot of water, judging by the covered stones. At least, there's no mosquitoes :)
See ya tomorrow!

Robert Amoruso
12-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Such is life w/o the sunset you look like you are going to get. You did well anyhow.

Harold Davis
12-19-2008, 02:51 PM
looks like pine glades lake to me! too bad you didnt get what you were looking for, but it still looks great to me! nice to finally meet you this morning. hope we get to do it again soon!!

Grady Weed
12-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Save some sunset for me Roman when I come down in February to March. Ain't the glades just heaven.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Very nice Roman, good balance and I like the foreground.

But I have a problem with a guy that say's let it snow and then fly's to Miami to miss the storm.

Roman Kurywczak
12-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Very nice Roman, good balance and I like the foreground.

But I have a problem with a guy that say's let it snow and then fly's to Miami to miss the storm.

Hey Curly,
Glad to see you paying attention:p.....I thought about flying back for it......but having worked in the slushy mess outside the day I left :(.........the 82 degree weather quickly convinced me otherwise! Someone even shooveled my walk for me back home.........and all I owe them is a beer! I guess I owe you one now for your sacrifice.