PDA

View Full Version : More Icey Leaves

Mike Moats
12-18-2008, 08:32 PM
Here's another images shot on the same day as the last post. I 've got a few to post from the other day.

Fuji S5, Sigma 180, Tripod, Natural Light, F32, 1.60sec. ISO 125

Ed Vatza
12-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Mike, I really like your icy leaves series but up to this one they have all been leaves with ice. To me, this crosses over to ice with leaves. There just seems to be too much ice here for my taste. Hope that makes sense.

denise ippolito
12-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Mike, I really like this-I like all the texture and detail in the ice, the leaves are interesting and I like the colors, the stem of the large leaf is the extra something special-well done as always

Dave Mills
12-18-2008, 09:57 PM
What I like about this type of image most of all is (as Denise said) the texture and the almost neutral color of beige which blends with the reddish brown. I also like the detail in the ice which adds alot...

Julie Kenward
12-19-2008, 08:01 PM
I love the grain in this. It almost looks like you added noise...very cool effect.

I, too, like the neutral colors in this one. Do you make most of these ice images at a certain time of day or is it just whenever you come upon one? This has such a different tone compared to many of the other ones where they take on more of a blue hue.

I can't wait to get out and shoot this weekend. We've got lots of cold temps and ice has finally formed on the area lakes. Woo Hoo!!!

Mike Moats
12-19-2008, 08:13 PM
The images were shot at all times of day and in different light. mostly overcast. Some were in the lake and some were in a small pond.