PDA

View Full Version : Wako / Green Cay activity?

Josh O'Donnell
12-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Hello my Florida friends, I'm going to be visiting my in-laws in the WPB area next week and plan to spend a morning or two at Wako and/or Green Cay... I'm just curious if anyone has any recent updates on either place?

Thanks!

Alfred Forns
12-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Hi Josh At Waco we have several GBH nests, they are buildin and courting. One might be sitting on eggs. Activity varies with the day and have found afternoon better than morning but the light is not favorable.

At Green Cay look for Purple Gallinules in the open and Green Herons fishing. There is usually something to do and won't be dissapointed. btw let you know when you will be down. I'll be around til day after Xmas !!

Josh O'Donnell
12-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the update Al!

I'm not sure what day(s) I'll be heading that way. I'll be staying at my in-laws in Palm City and I'll have to borrow one of their cars to get down there, so I'm kinda at their mercy. I'll let you know!

Thanks again.

Judd Patterson
12-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Hey Josh, they are both definitely worth a visit. I don't get up that far very often, but was up there last weekend. Green Cay had low levels of many species including several Limpkin, one spoonbill, a scattering of ducks such as Blue-winged Teal, a few hawks, gallinule, etc. The weather was very uncooperative for me...darn it!

Paul Marcellini and I hit Wakodahatchee later in the day and found some cooperative Black-bellied Whistling Ducks...the Great Blue Herons are certainly beginning to nest too. Enjoy your trip!

Maxis Gamez
12-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Hey Josh, long time no see!!

Shoot me a PM. Perhaps we can meet!

Take care!

Josh O'Donnell
12-22-2008, 09:45 PM
btw let you know when you will be down. I'll be around til day after Xmas !!

sorry for the late notice Al, I just found out I get free reign of my mother-inlaws car tomorrow so I'm heading down to Green Cary, I'll be there around 7am.

Alfred Forns
12-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Sure wish I could be there Josh Have to work !!!

Do look for purple gallinules Should be lots around !!!