PDA

View Full Version : Fab's Fox

Mike Robinson
12-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi Fabs and Judy,

Here is another shot of your fox taken this morning.
Canon 1DM3, 300 f2.8, Iso 400 F5.6, 1/1000, handheld

Nagesh Mula
12-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Amazing!! I liked everything in this picture. Very good DOF for me as the face only is in focus, the snow makes the color of the wolf stand out and intensity in wolf's eye.
Simply liked this picture a lot.
I'm curious to know though, how can you take a such a close shot of a wolf. Were you using any blind?

D. Robert Franz
12-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Excellent capture of our favorite fox.. I like the way you see the eyes but the fox is not staring at you. The raised foot is a big plus. Comp is well done. Great light as well..

Fabs Forns
12-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Hey Mike, let me roll the red carpet and welcome you to BPN, what a treat.

It was a pleasure spending time with you, your wife and the four legged family, especially my friend Pat, rolling over the stove top for a belly rub :)

You know I can't ever get tired of Foxes, and this is a beautiful one. I don't particulary require eye contact from wildlife, they are doing their own thing. Of course, this is personal preference.

Can't wait to see your NPO in the Birds Gallery!!!!

Sabyasachi Patra
12-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Mike,
The guys just pops out of the frame. Lovely shot. Lot of details in the image. I like the looks. The snow on its face is a nice touch. The raised foot adds to the mood of the image. I would ask as Nagesh did - how do you get close shots with a 300 mm.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Robert Amoruso
12-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Excellent work Mike for all the reasons mentioned. Welcome to BPN.

Ron Day
12-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Beautiful light, detail, & composition - a great image !

Howard Burkert
12-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Mike , what a beautiful image. I like the turn of the head into the light.
Best,
Howard
PS You may want to put a copyright notice on it.