View Full Version : Chickadee 2

mikedelaney
12-17-2008, 09:37 AM
canon 40D
sigma 50-500mm
f 6.3
1/400 s.
ISO 800

this shot of a chickadee is the best i have gotten. the lightt sure helps.
i hope i didn't under size the bird. its perch is pretty massive.

Gus Cobos
12-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Hi Mike,
I like the capture...I like the raised foot. The perch is a bit over whelming; would suggest cropping from the bottom up to where the v formation begins. The image is under exposed with heavy noise in the background and on your subject. also it appears to be out of focus. What EV compensation are you using? I suggest in lightening the overall image and running noise reduction, open up the area around the eye and selective sharpen...:cool:

Alfred Forns
12-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Fine image Mike Now we are talking of fine tuning enhancements All the basic is right there !!! Proud of you !!!!

Not sure what programs you use for conversion but the new LightRoom has some neat local enhancement tools !!!

denise ippolito
12-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Mike, well done -this is your best chickadee!!! Love the raised foot-big congrats!

Phil Ertel
12-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi Mike,

Nice capture. Good comments from Gus. I am still struggling to capture a good image of these little devils. I am not sure I have any better of this bird. Fast little buggers aren't they.

Thanks for sharing,

Phil

Dave Leroy
12-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Nice one Mike. They are tough to get and there never seems to be enough light. The raised foot looks really good.

Dave

mikedelaney
12-18-2008, 06:42 AM
thanks to you all for your comments.
Gus, i run noise reduction on all of my shots, but always get noise. Should i reduce noise at the final steps in the process, ?? i usually do it as a first thing to do.

i'll try sharpening in thefinal stages to maybe get rid of this problem.
thanks again to all.
mike