PDA

View Full Version : Romania, my country

Bogdan Panait
12-16-2008, 01:19 PM
I dare to show you an image from Romania; I have many more, it's a wonderful country and I love it. It's a picture showing a part of Romania rarely presented in magazines (or never) and I really hope you'll enjoy it.
Taken with D300, Sigma 10-20@10, F22, T30sec, NDX400,summertime at down:

Roman Kurywczak
12-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi Bogdan,
The image overall seems a bit dark on my monitor........it looks like you have captured some very nice layers in the image.......and lightening it........would only bring those out even more. I have not been to Romania yet.......but it looks like your country would be a wonderful place to experience!

Robert Amoruso
12-17-2008, 08:00 AM
Bogdan,

I agree with Roman that you capture nice layering in this image. The curves and slopes of the valley guide the eye into the image as do the clouds. I particularly like the long shutter speed and the affect on the clouds.

I reposted a version where I opened up the shadows using Shadows/Highlights adjustment in PSCS3 and then a Curves adjustment where I pulled the midpoint of the curve left and up to lighten the image. I also did a Selective Color adjustment to add black to the Cyan and Blue channels.

Looks like beautiful country to me.

Nagesh Mula
12-18-2008, 01:51 AM
Hi Bodgan, its a beauitful picture with as already pointed out a nice layering of image. However I liked the original picture in this case.