PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Rays - Pahayokee Overlook

Michael Pancier
12-16-2008, 11:23 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3049/3109638945_af8f03710b_o.jpg

3 Image HDR with the 5d Mark II taken last Sunday morning.

5d Mark II + 24-105L @ 24mm (don't get the vignetting at 24mm like I used to get on the 5d Mark I)
singh ray 2 stop NDG

f/22
ISO 200
----------
cloned out some flare

Roman Kurywczak
12-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Hey Michael,
I really like the flare and the HDR work is very good as always. The lone tree on the left is in a large flare....that draws my eye..........i feel a crop off the bottom....where the edge of the flare is near the RH corner........with a proportional crop off the left.........eliminating the tree......would further emphasize the boardwalk and flare......and IMO.......strengthen it overall........let's see what others chime in.

Michael Pancier
12-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Roman I like your idea. I didn't like that tree either, but can't clone it out. But now with 24 megapixals, I reckon I could crop it as you suggest and still have a lot to work with ....

BTW, why doesn't the image show in the thumbnail? I'm linking via flickr

Robert Amoruso
12-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Michael,

Images hosted off of BPN are not showing the thumbs. James and Chris Ober are working on it. I looked at this one yesterday but got tied up and just got back. I agree with the crop suggestion - that same thing I was thinking.

Kaushik Balakumar
12-17-2008, 12:21 PM
This is one of my favs from your posting Michael. Love this image. Like the HDR work u've done on this one. Might crop a centimeter or two from the left but keeping the thin tree still in frame. Also I feel that the clouds on top could be lightened a wee bit (juuuuust a little).
Just my thoughts...
Oh, congrats on your 5DM2 :)