PDA

View Full Version : European Wigeon flightshot

Krijn Trimbos
12-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi everyone,

I understand this sounds like a lame excuse but man am I busy at work. I haven't had any time to get out or comment lately which is really bugging me. Last weekend I had one day to try and photograph this very skittsh duck species. They arrive during november/december in such large numbers but still seem very easily scared off. Up till now I have never been able to get anything on this species. It had been pretty cold the night before so they were mainly occupied with eating. I increased the ISO value to really freeze the action here. The light angle isn't perfect, but I think it isn't the worst. Liked the green on the near wing/wing position and headturn.

Hope you like it,

Canon EOS 30D 1/1600 f8 Manual
ISO 640
Canon EF 300mm L USM F2.8 + 2x Converter
Handheld

Doug Brown
12-15-2008, 04:24 PM
While not perfect, the light angle shows us a nice flash of green. I like the wing position and eye contact. I would crop a bit off the bottom of the frame. I had a similar experience with Wigeons this weekend; fun bird to photograph.

Tony Whitehead
12-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Good sharpness - I agree the wing position showing off the green speculum is nice and I really like the upswept primaries - light angle and flight angle not ideal

Judy Lynn Malloch
12-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Good timing and I like the wing position Krijn. I agree that cropping a little from the bottom would strengthen this capture. Thanks for sharing.

Stu Bowie
12-16-2008, 04:25 AM
This guy pops nicely from the BG, and the light has managed to show up the green on the wing. Well captured.