12-15-2008, 12:02 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/IMG_2479-Edit.jpg

Technical: Canon 5D, Sigma 12-24, ISO 100, f/8, 1/200

C&C welcome

Thanks for looking

Tom

Bruce Murden
12-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Tom, I like the feel of this image a lot. The forms of the hills & mountains, the good bits of clouds. There's a dynamic movement here that I like. I tried to look at this as a pano (crop the FG out), but the color and round curve of the FG pebbles help me get into the deeper (farther) parts of the image. Nicely done! I'd like to see a bit more color coming through the haze, but don't have suggestions on what may help there. I'm sure others here will!

Tom Dolezal
12-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Tom, I like the feel of this image a lot. The forms of the hills & mountains, the good bits of clouds. There's a dynamic movement here that I like. I tried to look at this as a pano (crop the FG out), but the color and round curve of the FG pebbles help me get into the deeper (farther) parts of the image. Nicely done! I'd like to see a bit more color coming through the haze, but don't have suggestions on what may help there. I'm sure others here will!

Many thanks Bruce for your valued comments which are very much appreciated.

I think the detail in the haze is always going to be subjective and down to personal taste. For me the detail in the RH sky coming across through the haze where the sunrays are coming through the mountains and over to the greater detail on the LH side works well.

Tom

Robert Amoruso
12-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Tom,

I will agree that the haze is subjective and don't find it objectionable here. I like the comp and balancve of the image but would have liked a few more clouds on the left.

If you are so inclined to investigate it, local contrast enhancement (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20434) can cut through haze.

Fabs Forns
12-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Agree with Bruce's comments and my first thought was also a pano, but the foreground really adds to it. Well executed.

Roman Kurywczak
12-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey Tom,
I am not a huge fan of the haze.......but again.........subjective......but I would go for at least a crop off the top.......just above (1/4 inch) the cloud on the right........would further strenghten the comp. As for the FG........I could go either way.....but a pano would work well IMO.

Tom Dolezal
12-20-2008, 02:02 AM
Many thanks Robert, Fabs Forns and Roman for your valued comments and suggestions which are very much appreciated.

Interesting idea re the pano and I will investigate that further.

Tom