PDA

View Full Version : Photographing in Singapore?

Nikolay Staykov - shotlandetsa
12-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Hello, I am in Singapore now and I am looking for interesting places for shooting birds. I've been to MacRitchie, Sungei Buloh, Kranji, Botanic garden and Japanese garden. We are also planning to go to East coast, Bukit Timah and Pulayubin reserves.

My request is if anybody can show/tell me specific places where I can take photos of the White-bellied sea eagle and other predators as well as other interesting birds. I've already took some interesting and good photos, but the the eagle we didn't manage to photo well - he is always high in the sky.

Thanks, Nikolay :)

Juan Aragonés
12-15-2008, 05:18 AM
Nicolay, cannot help you with the WB sea eagles but when I visited Singapore several years ago I went to Jurong BirdPark... outstanding place for birders with huge facilities for birds and an amazing bird collection from all over the world. The vegetation in the park it is also amazing. A great visit for sure. Have fun

Ian McHenry
12-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi Nikolay
Haven't been to Singapore for 18 years but agree with Juan about Jurong Bird Park.
Had free flying raptors, lots of Birds of Paradises, Andean Condors etc.
Walk thro' huge aviary just brilliant.
Also Pink Pigeon.
Cheers: Ian Mc

Mervin Quah
01-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Looks like I am a little too late for this.
Are u still in SIngapore ?

WBSE can be seen fishing at Kallang River and Bukit Panjang Housing estate "reservoir".

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457182

Ian McHenry
01-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Hi Mervin
ClubSNAP looks like an interesting forum. Thanks for the url.
Cheers: Ian Mc

Wolly Jam
05-22-2009, 03:27 AM
Nikolay,
I'm a bit too late for this. However, WBSE can be found at Changi Beach / Pasir Ris Beach, Pulau Ubin (near to jetty side) - almost early morning around 8 am it always there hunting for fish, Lower Pierce Reservoir, Sungei Buloh Reserve Wetland, etc. Please PM if next time you are coming over as well as other members.

Kind regards.

Wolly J