PDA

View Full Version : Bosque attempt

JP Bruce
12-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Here is my try at scenic from Bosque. Wanted the cranes but not as main element. Canon 40D, 300 f2.8L IS, 1/320 at f16 ISO 400.
Comments welcome and encouraged.

Bruce Murden
12-15-2008, 12:59 PM
JP, I like the lines and colors here, and it was a good idea to have the cranes complement the landscape. For small tweaks, I'd like to see a touch more contrast in the image to separate FG, mid, and BG a bit more, and a little straightening (CW rotation).

Robert Amoruso
12-15-2008, 03:30 PM
JP,

I like the layering in the image with the water in the FG, bushes and the differing tones in the mountains. I like the cranes but would suggest that making the image while the in flight ones were on the left would balance the on ground ones better.

After the sun come sup, you get heat waves that time of year and all but guarantee that the mountains will not be sharp.

Roman Kurywczak
12-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Hey JP,
Very good advice offered above as to the contrast and crane placement. These are extremely difficult to pull off....trying to eliminate mergers.....while keeping the cranes from being dominant........is a very fine line......to small.......they get lost (as in this case with the flying ones)........to big......and it's no longer a "critterscape". Balancing the two......is the key.

Fabs Forns
12-15-2008, 10:10 PM
You have the right idea, not bad for a first try :)
I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more water, though.