PDA

View Full Version : Green Anole Lizard

Bob Blanchard
01-18-2008, 10:36 PM
I have a couple nits of my own on this one, but people seem to like it. First, I need to clone out one of the artificial "catchlights" caused by the twin macro flash, and second, the stick going OOF in front of the lizard kinda bothers me. I kept the DOF on his head, but he had turned slightly toward me, causing the loss of DOF on the stick. Minor I know, but still bothers me.

Canon 1DsMII, ef180mm f/3.5L macro, 1/50, ISO 125, f/8, Canon twin head macro flash.

http://CatcherofLight.smugmug.com/photos/182881271-L.jpg

Matthew Pugh
01-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Hi Bob
That’s often the trouble of twin flashes - and for what it is worth I think the overall lighting for this handsome chap works very well, the double catch light really does not bother me at all
The OOF perch areas do not really distract, although yes ideally it would probably have been better for a totally sharp look in regards to this aspect of the image
The only real aspect of this image that I consider could perhaps have been improved upon slightly would have been the shoulder / leg area of this fellow. As presented I find myself wanting to see a bit more, or perhaps even less - although I would probably opt for the more option because of the nice triangular like effect this adds to the overall appearance.
But all of these aspect are pretty tastes related, and this is certainly IMO one top shot
I have enjoyed viewing it anyway!!!!
Matthew

Alfred Forns
01-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Fully agree with Matthew For limbs and other body parts I rather see them cut than clipped !!! It is an appealing image !!! Congrats !!!

Robert Amoruso
01-19-2008, 06:38 PM
I agree on the cut vs. clipped comments. I love the detail in the eye and head. Excellent work and the stick OOF in the front is not a biggy for me.

Jim Caldwell
01-20-2008, 12:45 PM
I agree with all the above, including your own comments, howeverf, I love the detail you captured. I often clone out one of the reflected highlights when using my macro flash units or ring flash.

Mike Moats
01-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey Bob, other than what's already been noted I like the image. Nice details on the head and great colors. Well done.