PDA

View Full Version : Ice Storm Birds- #1

Jeff Nadler
12-14-2008, 04:25 PM
http://www.jnphoto.net/cardinal-n1140.jpg

That is Ice storm birds . . . I still don't understand why BPN advanced editing does not allow you to change the title!

Without heat and power for 2 days, there was only one reason I was crazy enough to sit in my Doghouse blind this afternoon in the cold . . .my Canon 500mm was delivered. I may be in the minority but I think the female northern cardinal's more subtle coloring is as attractive as the male. Canon 500mm f4IS, 1.4x, ISO400, F8, fill flash, blind.

Doug Brown
12-14-2008, 04:36 PM
We do allow you to change the title; just double click to the right of the title. I've taken the liberty of correcting it for you. Like the pose and perch. Would like to see the bird more to the right in the frame, and perhaps a little more room at the bottom of the frame.

bill kominsky
12-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Agree with you on the beauty of these birds Jeffbut also agree with Doug and his comments, although I really do like it.

Bill

Keith Bauer
12-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Very nice image. Love the perch and the ice. The reds seem over saturated in the beak and the wing/tail. Here's a version slightly toned down. Do you think this is better??

Axel Hildebrandt
12-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Since you are posting, I guess you didn't lose power. The ice on the branch looks pretty cool. I also like the details and eye contact. I agree regarding a wider crop and the eye looks a tad overflashed.

Bob Malbon
12-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Jeff, Welcome back to the 500 Club! Feeling lucky did not loose power! Lots of tree damage. That is one sweet pose - and since I have never captured a good image of a male I am with you the she looks great!! Bob

Arthur Morris
12-14-2008, 06:23 PM
I pretty much like the ORIG COMP. Love the EXP and head angle. Mazel tov on the long glass. The ice looks as if it has a cyan/blue cast....

Grady Weed
12-14-2008, 08:00 PM
I also like the original comp and color. Well done Jeff. Congrats on the lens. 2 days in the blind in this weather, your determined!

We had 3 inches of ice, rain, sleet and a war zone look afterward here in Kezar Falls Maine. More junk on the way.

Cindy Mead
12-14-2008, 08:23 PM
I too think the females are beautiful with their coloring Jeff- love the details and pose you captured, and I really like the way the ice sparkles. I'd like to see a tad more room all around, but that's just personal preference. (Congrats on the new lens too!)

Rolan Honeyman
12-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Looks great Jeff. Stay warm.

Rolan