PDA

View Full Version : Bandon Beach Sunset

Dave Mills
12-14-2008, 01:58 PM
This was taken as a slide so I haven't any specs.
Bandon Beach is on the Oregon Coast. The best time of the year to go is in August when there is the least chance of bad weather. Does not necessarily always work that way since I was there twice in Aug and had mostly clear weather one trip and the other was half rain.
On low tide you can get some great images of starfish.

Roman Kurywczak
12-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Hey Dave,
The image overall looks like it has a haze to it........from personal experience.......this is from your slide scan......easy fix....do a local contrast adjustment using unsharp mask.....amount around 40......radius around 60....threshold 0.....this should make the haze disappear almost instantly. I would also try adding selective color to the blacks....not much......just to further darken them. You should also run some noise reduction or blur the sky......slides tend to get more artifacts in them. Lastly......I would clone out the small birds??? on the tips of a few of the rocks.......they are too small and look like dust bunnies at this moment. Will wait for your fixes to decide on the pebbles in the FG.

Valerio Tarone
12-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Roman Hi the forum id a free speeching space. <for my modest idea the haze, in middle, doesn't borrow me. As well tiny birds. Only a personal opinion,of course. Very good image. I look forward to see others opinions.

Dave Mills
12-14-2008, 03:06 PM
The image to my eye is not fully corrected but I see a definate improvement.
I'm finding that a scanned slide converted for the web loses alot of saturation and brings up artifacts...at least thats my experience.

Robert Amoruso
12-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Dave,

I like the comp but would have preferred a bit more room at the left so the stack was not cut off so much. I like the FG from the water on out but the rocks just don't work for me.

denise ippolito
12-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Dave, This is a beautiful composition, I love the colors and the water most especially-If it were mine I'd clone the 2 small birds -I'd leave the FG -I think it's fine, nice shot! Like the re-post

Dave Mills
12-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks Denise...forgot the birds on the repost...