PDA

View Full Version : Pintail, flapping wings.

Rene' Villela
12-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Good morning!
I took this shot a couple of days ago. I had tried to get any of the ducky family in a pose close to this but I had never been successful, so I was pleased with this image.

I PS the BG a bit but I am sure there is room for improvement. I wish for a lower angle but Japanese people are so paranoid about the birds flew virus and they have nets around all the places where foreign birds come for Winter. They are not even feeding the Siberian Swans this year coz they don't want them to come anymore. Ah well!

Thank you for your comments! Cheers!

D300 - AF 180 f/2.8, AP wide open, 1/2500 sec, EV -0.3

Doug Brown
12-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Hi Rene'. The quality of the light looks good. As you mentioned, a lower angle would have helped. The whites look a little hot in the neck. I wish the wings were better displayed. And there's a little dark smudge under the head that catches my eye. Thanks for posting!

Axel Hildebrandt
12-14-2008, 05:08 PM
I like the light, eye contact and wing flap. Too bad about the angle and it looks as if it needs a bit CCW rotation.

Robert O'Toole
12-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Very nice soft light Rene, looks nice and sharp and the details look great. The angle of the birds body is just about perfect.

Agreed a lower angle would have been preferred.

I hope the japanese feeding changes are just local and not over in Hokkaido.

Robert

John Ippolito
12-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Lovely pose of a handsome bird Rene. As noted a bit lower angle would have been nice, but it may have negatively changed the BG. The light is quite nice!

Arthur Morris
12-14-2008, 08:09 PM
In addition to agreeing with all above I would say that you did a great job of framing loose enough and that I really like the wavelets. Way to go.

Rene' Villela
12-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks for your kind comments everyone!

Robert... I know is all over the North East prefectures. I don't know about Hokkaido! It is sad! I know they need to eat well in winter to fly back to Siberia to breed.

Robert O'Toole
12-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks for your kind comments everyone!

Robert... I know is all over the North East prefectures. I don't know about Hokkaido! It is sad! I know they need to eat well in winter to fly back to Siberia to breed.

Thanks for the information Rene.

Robert

Stu Bowie
12-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Superb posture captured Rene, and this is nice and sharp. Well done.