PDA

View Full Version : AUTUM WEB

christopher galeski
12-14-2008, 06:49 AM
TOOK THIS SHOT EARLY MORNING,THE SUN WAS GIVING IT SOME NICE BACKLIGHTING,AND THE EARLY MORNING DEW SET THE WEB OFF.CANNON 40D,1/3200 SEC,F5.6,ISO800,400MM LENS PRIME,HAND HELD,STOCKS RESAVOIR LANCASHIRE,NORTHWEST ENGLAND.

Julie Kenward
12-14-2008, 09:10 AM
That is one humongous web, Chris! I like that you included some of the surrounding plants but they do come off a little dark. You used a very high shutter speed and an equally high ISO - was that to let in more light? I'm wondering if a little fill flash might have given you a more balanced image...

You might try a shadow/highlight adjustment in pp to bring up those darker tones if that is something you're interested in doing. If you're going for the starkness of white against black then I'd think about converting this to a b&w or sepia image...that might add some real interest as well.

Either way, I'd clone out the brighter spots in the BG. One way to do this is to use the clone tool set at darken and try about 30-40% opacity...see if that doesn't bring them down a bit to be more even with the rest of the BG.

christopher galeski
12-15-2008, 11:45 AM
thanks for your comment Julie,on the original file the web was a lot brighter and more sparkling,its a bit duller on here.thanks.

Mike Moats
12-16-2008, 06:37 AM
Hey Christopher, I really like the image and the mood of the lighting. Agree with Jules on the bright spots in the BG, and the easy fix for this. Well seen and shot.

Jerry van Dijk
12-16-2008, 06:43 AM
Hi Christopher, I like the gloomy look those dark plants give and the contrast they add to the shiny web. I wouldn't try to brighten them up. You may want to consider those light spots in the BG like Julie suggested.
- Jerry -

christopher galeski
12-16-2008, 12:32 PM
thanks for your comments.