PDA

View Full Version : Bosque sunrise...

Dan O'Leary
12-13-2008, 08:37 PM
I assume this is ok here. It's about as close as I come to doing landscape work.

2008:12:02 06:32:41
1dm3 with 24-105mm @ 67mm
Tv (ISO safety shift) @ 1/125 sec, f/4.5
Eval +2/3, ISO 800

david cramer
12-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Nice composition with lovely morning sky colors. And I like the detail of the flyout in the background.

Roman Kurywczak
12-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Hey Dan,
I know the spot very well........and you have the same issue that I have always had with the tree.......it blends in to much to the BG mountains for my tastes........and I haven't figured out how to get the seperation in it. Bosque produces some of the nicest sunrise/sunsets I have ever seen.....so the colors are right on.........and as David said........the flying flocks add a nice balance to the ones still in the water.........now if only we could figure out what to do with the tree!!!

Robert O'Toole
12-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Hi Dan,

Great image and what a morning! The colors and contrast are accurate as can be. I can say that since I believe I was standing a few feet away when you made this image. As David mentions the flyout at the back is a nice detail.

I normally like to include the dead tree in a few then make a lot more without it. In this image the bright area is on the right so panning a few degrees over could have centered the brightest part of the sky and excluded the tree. I dont think the image needs the tree. The birds and the colors are more than enough.

Great image as is nonetheless.

Robert

Robert Amoruso
12-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Dan,

I like this one a lot and agree with the other's comments. At the spot I have started to not include the tree as I never liked how it blended into the BG. The BIF in the BG are a nice addition.

BTW Roman, it is not just Bosque that has nice sunsets but all of NM is a great place for them.