PDA

View Full Version : Fox Pups Playing

Mike Robinson
01-18-2008, 08:48 PM
My next door neighbor gave me a call an told me about 5 fox pups that had recently occupied an old den site behind his house. These two males spent a good part of the next two days playing, chasing and scratching( a very common pastime with wild foxes).

Canon 1dm2, 500f4, 1/250th @ f4.5, Iso 400, beanbag from car window.

John Cooper
01-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Wow what impact Mike!! The fox pups are almost a mirror image of each other. just love their stance and central placement in the compsition. The only downside for me is the rather noticeable patching up of the BG around the pups.

Ed Cordes
01-18-2008, 10:15 PM
This is a fantastic image. It must have been a wonderful thing to observe. I agree the BG looks a bit like a large halo around the foxes, especially the one on the left. The foxes also look a bit over sharpened on my monitor.

Bill McCrystyn
01-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Great shot. A rarely seen action situation like this and then to capture it (I almost said on film, opps) is very special. The BG does look a little fake but the way over sharpness gives the image (soft fur) a very hard almost coarse look. Back off that slider a little and you've got a winner.

Howard Burkert
01-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Mike, I agree with prior comments. However I needed to express what a great image you have. I wish I had neighbors like yours!! Very nice.
Best,Howard.

Jasper Doest
01-19-2008, 12:51 AM
A warm welcome to you Mike. And what a nice photograph to start with. The low angle and superb pose really make this one for me. Unfortunately the OOF background does look a bit strange indeed. It seems like you've gone a bit too far in the post-processing process. Since the pose is soo spectacular I'm really curious what the original file looks like, without the patching in BG. Anyway, I'm looking forward seeing more of this series here.

Dave Courtenay
01-19-2008, 10:43 AM
All the ingrediants of a brilliant image-way oversharpened at the moment-I would reprocess and repost

DanWalters
01-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Great image! I do agree about the shot being a little oversharpened. Otherwise very nice.

D. Robert Franz
01-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Hey Mike. Good to see you here. As the aboved mentioned on the sharpness but a great image as I've said in the past......