PDA

View Full Version : American Robin

Gus Hallgren
12-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Hi Folks:

Had another visit to Madera Kubo B&B, Madera Canyon, AZ and got this American Robin. He was stuck amongst a raft of tangled branches, and I broke my pact with myself not to do major manipulation with PS anymore because this was the second Robin I had photographed in over a year. So I manufactured a complete new background in an attempt to salvage a half decent photograph. The devil made me do it. :eek:

CC's welcome & always appreciated

Olympus E-520 IS, Zuiko 70-300 mm ED
Aperture priority
F/6.3, 1/80s
ISO 400
-1.0eV
Auto WB
360mm focal length

Gus Cobos
12-13-2008, 07:19 AM
Tisk, tisk, tisk Uncle...there you go again making packs with the devil...hehehe...:D
I like the composition. The head angle is good, you have sharp details. and I do like that background. The color rendition is very good...congrats...:cool:

denise ippolito
12-13-2008, 07:46 AM
Gus, the color you chose for the BG is lovely-nice perch and HA- good details- Congrats!

Harold Davis
12-13-2008, 05:09 PM
you can tell it was manipulated a bit. got a 3D look to it. wondering what a little gaussian blur around the fringe of the bird would do....????? might make it blend a little better.

you did well considering the light was coming from the wrong side!!!

Alfred Forns
12-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Gus is there any way you could set up a giant diffuser? I have used a 12X5 foot for macro. Can't imagine what you would be able to do with it !!!

Oscar Zangroniz
12-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Awesome capture uncle Gus. Very detailed and sharp with great colors.
Regards,