PDA

View Full Version : A different type of Bosque Pano

Robert O'Toole
12-12-2008, 06:38 PM
I know this is different but I thought some might find this interesting. This is a hand-stitched composite pano taken from a 12 image sequence of a single crane.
The original size is about 20,000 pixels or so across and looks great.

Thanks for looking, all critiques welcome.

Nikon D300, Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED, 1/1250 @ 5.6
ISO: 320

Image Copyright 2008-2009; Robert OToole Photography

Steve Canuel
12-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Very cool. Nicely spaced with good ascending angle and alternating wing positions.

David Kennedy
12-14-2008, 01:37 AM
Robert,
Of course, what I like about this is the alternating wing patterns, as Steve pointed out. I do with that the rightmost sequence of the crane had its head above the line of weeds in the pond. I'm also not entirely sure how I feel about the cut-off reflections in the greenish/yellowish water, but I understand that we can't have it all. Also, watch out: Artie's gonna get'cha on the sun angle!!!

Nancy A Elwood
12-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Robert I really like this!! Sometimes the rules are meant to be bent, as far as the sun angle. It has a story and a place that your eyes follow. And, it is something different.

Robert O'Toole
12-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks Steve and Nancy for the comments.

David, regarding the reflections I initially blended them all out, then decided to mask them back in. But as shown thats all there is since I was shooting with a 500 and a 1.4x. Sorry :-)
On the light angle, you can get any better than this is bright sun since it is a sequence, you can get a perfect light angle with one frame , but not 12.
Thanks for the comments.

Robert

Robert Amoruso
12-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Nice work Robert. A similar idea with a crane landing from a few years back you did inspired me to do a takeoff like this from last years trip.

Kristen Westlake
12-17-2008, 08:35 AM
Creative! Love it - wonderfully fun idea!

Per-Gunnar Ostby
12-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Robert,

great shot indeed. I have something similar from the trip that I was thinking of posting, but nowhere near as good so now not so sure... :)

One question though, how is this 12 images, not 7? Or is this a fore-shortened version?

Per-Gunnar

Robert O'Toole
12-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Robert,

great shot indeed. I have something similar from the trip that I was thinking of posting, but nowhere near as good so now not so sure... :)

One question though, how is this 12 images, not 7? Or is this a fore-shortened version?

Per-Gunnar

Hey PG,

Thanks, yes correct, I left off the others, 7 image seemed to be the best balance.

Robert