PDA

View Full Version : Griffon Vultures fighting

Svetoslav Spasov
12-12-2008, 11:25 AM
I took this photo at the feeding station of the Bulgarian Society for the Protection of Birds. There were at least 50 Griffons and 6 Egyptians but I faced difficulties to pick up a scene or interesting composition in the crowd. This one is relatively good, but still not what I wanted.
All critiques/comments are welcome.

40D, 300/4, ISO 400, f5.6, 1/1250, tripod, stone hide.
Levels adjustments and little crop from below.

Tony House
12-12-2008, 12:04 PM
It can be very difficult to get the composition right with so much going on but I think you've done a good job. Only nit for me, would have liked all the wing showing of the bird inflight.

Nice work.
Tony

Daniel Cadieux
12-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Must be quite a scene to watch!! I find the clipped primaries on either edge of the frame more unfortunate than the cut top wing...which BTW I would crop slightly more to get below the "joint" of the wing. Is there another area you can set-up or another time of day to have the sun behind you?

Arthur Morris
12-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Well done in a tough situation. Like the low angle and the good EXP. Its the head angle of the bird in the middle that bugs me the most.

Stephen Stephen
12-12-2008, 01:18 PM
I like the action captured here. I too would have liked to have had teh wingtips intact. It must have been exciting though jsut to see this scene in person.

Svetoslav Spasov
12-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks for your comments. Yes indeed, it's pity for the wings getting out of the frame… next time.

Cheers
Svetoslav