PDA

View Full Version : St Augustine Fl

Alfred Forns
12-12-2008, 01:01 AM
This is the beach in St Augustine FL You can drive your car for over twenty miles and its safe. The best chance getting stuck is accessing the beach. You need to be in by six but can stay till ten PM !!

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Gus Cobos
12-12-2008, 06:25 AM
Hey Mr. Al,
A very nice capture and perspective. I like the beach scene. I never knew that you can take your car in the sand there...:cool:

Alfred Forns
12-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Yes Gus a coup of places. Daytona was the traditional but the access has been cut short however here you can go for miles !!! Access to the beach is a every few miles and they charge five dollars !!

Stephen Stephen
12-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Neat capture here Al. The white sand looks like snow but I bet that it's very much warmer! :- )

Robert Amoruso
12-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Nice view Al.

robert hazelwood
12-19-2008, 08:36 AM
Relativly safe. A careless driver drove over two teenage girls about two years ago.

However, You can get onto the beach and point access at Hugeunot park in Jacksonville. This will allow close access to Colony nesting sites of large number of terns. Additionally it is a stop for Red Knots and a large number of shore birds. During nesting season they block off large sections of the beach for the birds use. I have been there when there were thousands of birds and was able to get very close using my car as a blind.