PDA

View Full Version : Dragon's delight

Art Kornienko
12-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Rebel XT
300 F4L IS, F5.6, 1/500
Evaluative Metering, One Shot AF
ISO 400, Auto WB

The Rebel XT always delivered great pictures.

Julie Kenward
12-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Art this is really lovely and you have many good points to this image. Nice composition - although I think you could also go with a little less plant below and a little more room above the DF. Your colors are beautiful and you got a very nice exposure to this with good lighting. My only negative would be the dark brown area where I believe the two sets of wings are overlapping. If you had chosen a little different angle you might have gotten better separation and retained the see-thru look of the wings better. Other than that, I think you did pretty darn well with this one. My only other suggestion would be to selectively sharpen the eyes just a bit more as they look soft compared to the rest of the DF.

Mike Moats
12-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Hey Art, very nice details on the body, Love the BG colors. I like the crop. Brown blob on the wing is the only distraction for me, but overall very well done.

Kaushik Balakumar
12-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Wow, a fantastic dragonfly portrait this is. Liked the composition. A lovely bokeh to go with. Thanks for sharing Art.

Don Lacy
12-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Very nice image the lighting and BG colors make it for me.

Gus Cobos
12-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Well done Art,
I like the details on the wings, the background compliments your subject well, making him stand out...good show...:cool: