PDA

View Full Version : Golden Eagle & Coyote - Part Deaux

jeffdjohnston
12-11-2008, 05:22 PM
1DMk2 + 500mmIS +1.4x

Based on the feedback provided in my earlier offering, I've decided to post a second shot that includes more foreground and softer light. What say you?

Regards,

Jeff Johnston

Arthur Morris
12-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Wow, that bird looks as if it is in control and powerful. Selectively sharpening the face and breast of the eagle would put this over the top for me. I like the pose and he soft light.

Robert O'Toole
12-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Love the pose Jeff, nice light, great moment.

Agree with Artie on the sharpening.

Robert

Tony Whitehead
12-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Very commanding pose. I prefer this image from the aspect that more of the prey is visible but miss the strong feather details on the neck from the previous post. Agree re sharpening. Maybe a little saturation/vibrance boost?

Alfred Forns
12-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Agree with comments and would also like to see the shadow opened just a bit seems to have gone to dmax? Powerful image Love it !!!

Juan Aragonés
12-12-2008, 02:45 AM
Hi Jeff, I am glad that you decided to post a new version of this terrific image:). I think that this one works much better than your previous image. In a perfect world I would like to see in this image the raised claw of the eagle and the nice feathers textures that you have in the other image (but are not living in a perfect world;)). The composition here is much better and the pose of the eagle is also majestic. I am sure that this image is sharp at 100% but for small size in web presentation I recomend to you the use of a more intense unsharp mask to allow viewer enjoy the details of the image at a small size. I have been playing a bit in PS with your image a made some adjustments (USM only to the bird, level/saturation adjsustment on the eagle eye, nape and coyote´s ear, and a round of gaussian blur to the nice BG). I tried to apply shadow/highlight filter to recover information of the deep shadows in the eagle left side but with this small size jpeg it is not possible. I am sure that if you do that with the original RAW file you could extract more details on that areas improving your result.
Keep them coming

jeffdjohnston
12-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I did seem to lose some sharpness in the downsizing. Between that and needing to enhance shadow detail - I guess its about time to upgrade my Photoshop 7. :)

Regards,
Jeff