PDA

View Full Version : Looking Down the Seine

Dave Mills
12-11-2008, 04:41 PM
This was originally shot on an overcast day and the overall color looked a bit dead. I then took out the color but left the gold part of the statue. I feel it has far more impact presenting it this way.
Nikon D300
16-85mm lense
f/22
0 compensation

Robert O'Toole
12-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Well this is different. I like it. The BW+gold effect is successful and the comp is also different but it works here.

i think BG sharpening would improve the image a bit.

Robert

Kaushik Balakumar
12-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Nice composition DMills - well balanced.
Like the selective gold colour in the frame. Nicely processed.

Dave Mills
12-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the comments...I agree the far backround is a bit soft but in the original it's pretty sharp. I should look more carefully at the conversions before posting.

Roman Kurywczak
12-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Hey Dave,
The use of the staue as a strong FG presence was very effective here as was the selective use of the gold. Nice job of waiting for the water taxi to not merbe with either the statue or the bridge. Very nice conversion also. Agree with the others as to the BG sharpening........although you realize that already.
Nicely done!

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Lovely shot, I kind of played with the image scrolling and found I like it better when I took the water from underneath the arm. It seems my eye followed down the river as the gold on each side frames it in.

But hey I'm snow blinded also

Dave Mills
12-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi Dennis...Interesting way of looking at it. I give it another look. Thanks

Robert Amoruso
12-15-2008, 02:56 PM
I like Dennis' suggestion on a crop and also the placement of the water taxi Dave.