View Full Version : Juvenile red backed-shrike

Bogdan Panait
12-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Shot with D300, 70-200 VR and TC 1.7, Romania, extreme south:

Manos Papadomanolakis
12-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi Bogdan,
Welcome to BPN!
I Iike the light,pose and the bg,I would prefer a tighter composition!

Tony Whitehead
12-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Welcome Bogdan. Very nice first post. Lovely light and the warm tones of the bird work well against the blue sky. I agree a tighter crop (removing from top and right) would strengthen the image and I would be tempted to patch out some of the twigs especially below the bird. Sharpening halos are fairly obvious - adjusting the parameters of your sharpening should resolve this. Looking forward to more Romanian images.

Arthur Morris
12-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Welcome Bogdan. All good comments above. Though I love the image as presented, especially the elegant COMP, I could not resist cropping and cleaning a bit.

Dean Ingwersen
12-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi Bogdan. Really lovely image, the BG is great and there is a nice feel to the image (good light too!). I think Artie's repost has strengthened the image a bit too, and also notice the sharpening halos. Look forward to more.

cheers, Dean

Bogdan Panait
12-12-2008, 12:45 AM
Thank you very much for your advices and kindness.
I'm very new in bird and wild photography; this is not an excuse but it may be a reason why my work is still far from perfection. I completely agree with you and already corrected sharpness and composition.
It's a real pleasure to browse this forum and see so many great photos; it's also a very good opportunity to learn.
Thank you again!