PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Wren

ChasMcRae
12-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Alert Canyon Wren on rock in Wichita NWR, Ok.
First image I have tried to work on in PS4 and not quite what I like but tired so posting it.

Chas.

Juan Aragonés
12-11-2008, 05:08 AM
The BG is a litle bit distracting but I love the species and the pose. Great eye contact. This image looks a litle bit flat on my screen and I think that a litle levels adjustment would improve the image. I almost forget to say that in a perfect world the bird should be placed more at the right;)

Arthur Morris
12-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Cool bird and sharp. (Not sure if Ihave ever seen one.) I like the leaves in the BKGR but with the bird standing tall its head is merged with the leaf directly behind it. In addition, you have violated the Angled Body Principle. When the bird is angled towards you, it is not enough to have the head parallel to the back of the camera the birds head needs to be parallel to its own body, in this case, turned another 10-15 degrees towards you.

In additon, raising the tripod another foot might have eliminated the merge of the head with the leaf and showed the feet a bit better.

I still like it though as this is a rarely photographed species (at least in my experience).

ChasMcRae
12-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks all. Position and flatness I can change, but other things mean a reshoot.

This species did a lot turning its head while body remained fixed instead of keeping its head in alignment. Actually a lot of my shots were just of a head as it peered around the rock.

He was spooky and not much repositioning after I was set. Used recording of Rock Wren and Bewicks Wren and surprised he turned up. Never did bring in Rock Wren.

Chas.

John Ippolito
12-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Nice job getting this one Charles. I have seen and listened to the lovely cascading song of this bird in the canyon country of southern Utah, but never been close enough to get a good look, let alone a good photo. I might clone out or darken the big leaf on the UR. Very nice.