PDA

View Full Version : Finally and Happy

RR Donavan
12-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Before making this image I had never seen a cedar wax wing except in others photos. I moved into a new house and finally I get wax wings in my own back yard. Photographing wax wings is not an easy task for many reason, but I finally have an image that is not great for many reasons, but I'm happy with it for now. I'll try for better next year when they come to feed on the wild berries. If anyone can recognize the kind of berries these are, please let me know.

C & C welcome.

Roy

1D Mk II, 700mm, 1/40, f5.6, ISO 640, still shooting through a window

Tony Whitehead
12-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Well done, Roy - it sounds exciting to have these in your own back yard. I really like the contrast in textures between the smooth plumage and dry roughness of the stalks and foliage. I would try hard to remove the window glass from your optical path as it is not doing justice to you gear. Backing off the saturation in the reds and yellows may help gain a little a little detail in those areas and a pass of NR would helpful. Thanks for sharing your story and image.

Arthur Morris
12-10-2008, 01:49 PM
This is very lovely. The soft light is wonderful and you have two good head angles. Ionly wish that you had framed wider on the right so as to include the vertical row of berries there.

Nonda Surratt
12-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Love the Bg with the birds and the soft feel,very, very nice! Agree with Artie on the berries.

thomasryan
12-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Lovely birds, in great light, against that background...I would love to spot one of these beauties....Well Done!