PDA

View Full Version : Iris Ensata

Dave Mills
12-10-2008, 12:44 PM
This was photographed in my backyard last year. To my dismay the plant did not return this year.
This was shot with a D200, 200mm macro lens,F22, 400 iso

Julie Kenward
12-10-2008, 08:13 PM
I would have laid down and cried if this beauty disappeared from my garden! I am madly in love with this image. I love that none of it is overly sharp but none of it is out of focus, either. I like the composition and think you probably found the best possible angle to make this image. It's abstract and yet you know exactly what it is. The colors are beautiful - not washed out and not overly saturated. This photo makes me want to stick my face in the center and smell spring!

My one suggestion would be to consider cloning out the bright green in the lowest dark area. The hint of green in the other areas doesn't bother me but that one bright pocket really draws my eye away from seeing the flower as a whole.

Man, do you know how to kick a girl in the middle of a snowstorm...

Dave Mills
12-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Hi Julie
Good suggestion...I missed that little bit of green. Thanks for the nice comments.

Ed Vatza
12-11-2008, 06:50 AM
I love flower photography and this is an excellent example to my eye. I just love the color here. Very, very nice.