PDA

View Full Version : Bohemian waxwing

Richard Burgmeijer
12-10-2008, 11:51 AM
This is my first post on this site. I`ve taken this picture from inside my car. This single male I took out of a group from a group of 120 birds!
It was not very easy to get one single bird free. I hope you enjoy this.

Richard

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Pluus_/PestvogeBombycillaGarrulusRein.jpg

Daniel Cadieux
12-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Welcome to BPN Richard, and you present us with a beautiful subject! Exposure looks good, good looking perch, and the berry is a nice touch. As far as composition goes I would like to see a bit more room above and I would see if you could add just a bit at bottom so the lowest berry isn't cut - after which you could clone out the bit poking up in LRC (if that is within your personal ethics). Overall quite nice...looking forward to more :-)

Ed Cordes
12-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Excellent image. I like the sharp focus and spot on exposure bringing out the colors of the feathers. The berry in the mouth is a nice touch. Only 2 minor nits are that I wish it were not so centered and the blurry area just at the bottom is mildly distracting. Yup, I agree with Daniel that the berry LRC should go.

Todd Frost
12-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Very nice first image. Exposure and sharpness look good. As stated a little more room above and maybe a little in front of bird. Agree with removal of lrc berry.

Todd

Arthur Morris
12-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Big time welcome. Exquisite sharpness and BKGR. Wonderful berry in the mouth pose. Would love to see a crop from the bottom and more room above and left. The bird's head is ever-so-slightly turned away.

Arthur Morris
12-10-2008, 02:41 PM
ps: Please let us know what great you are using and the rest of the tech-specs. Thanks!

Tony House
12-12-2008, 10:21 AM
I be pleased just to see one of these, they come over and winter on our shores but I've yet to get a sighting let alone an image.

Classic Waxwing pose with the berry, nice detail and colour.
Tony

Richard Burgmeijer
12-12-2008, 03:06 PM
This bird is actually one of my favourites. There was only one of them. The male is more beautiful, but I was very happy to get the female so close. Taken with Canon 350D with Sigma AF 50-500mm F4-6.3 EX DG HSM APO. AV ISO 200 f.8 with 1/400 -0,33

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Pluus_/PaapjeSaxicolarubetra002.jpg