PDA

View Full Version : Down the Hatch

Lance Peters
12-10-2008, 02:08 AM
Watched this guy for a while - catching these tiny fish - don't think these were going to satisfy him for very long - they are tiny little translucent things.

Maybe a unconvetional pose/view (I have more conventional poses as well)
Another shot from the river crawl.

D3
Nikon 300mm F2.8 with 1.7X converter
F4.8
1/2500th
0EV
400 ISO
Elbows and mud as tripod.

Comments welcome - dont be shy - happy to hear all the bad as well!!!

:)

Rene' Villela
12-10-2008, 04:29 AM
Very nice Lance and great timing!

Stu Bowie
12-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Perfect timing to show the fish halfway in the beak. I like the DOF shown in this, but would leave a bit more space for the rest of his legs. The whites look like they have been controlled nicely.

Arthur Morris
12-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Very nice Lance and great timing!

Hi Rene, I have been enjoying your images and do appreciate your membership support. I have noticed that many of your posts fall into the "great shot" category. When you do like an image, please let us know what you think are the strong points, let us know exactly why you like it. Do see the Sticky at the top of this forum.

If everyone lets us know why they love to good images, BPN will remain the great learning place that we have striven for. Thank you sir.

Arthur Morris
12-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Yes, perfect timing and a great low angle. Soft light and sharp with a nice COMP. The only thing that bugs me is the unfortunate stick behind the bird's legs.

Lance Peters
12-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks Artie - the great photo comments are good - the comments that contain constructive comments on HOW to improve - are PRICELESS and the reason that BPN is such a fantastic place, one on which you can learn and grow.

Many thanks to all that work so hard to make this a great place to be.

;)

Tony House
12-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Excellent timing, love the water droplets coming of the fish, layered back ground looks very nice too.

Nice work.
Tony