PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Pond with Weeds

Patty Sullivan
12-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Shot this in Northern New Mexico on a round about way of heading home to California. No one up the roads yet and it had just snowed. I got some gorgeous freshly fallen snow stuff.

Gus Cobos
12-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Very nice Patty,
I like the feel to this one...looks really cold and lonely...:):cool:

Patty Sullivan
12-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks! I just wanted to put another one and it is only one for 24 hours. Was regretting putting it in cause the background is out of focus, but I really like it too. Kind of a wilderness by myself kind of person here. It does get old, but sure feels good once in awhile. It was awesome up there, Lake Mirsol or something, Sugarlite Canyon. on the border of Colorado. Felt like just hiking up and disappearin' it was so gorgeous. Crunchy fresh snow etc. But bears and freezing to death , well I shot a memory card and left.

Alfred Forns
12-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Patty the oof bg doesn't bother me here it sort of adds to the mood Not sure what is going on gut I see a cast in the snow? Beautiful image !!

Patty Sullivan
12-09-2008, 10:38 PM
The cast is because the only thing in focus is the darn weeds! Still like the darn thing. Made a painting out of it with ps and it is better. The tech details are out of reach on one of ten memory cards and I am still too tired from my New Mexico drive home to find them. But in the future I will post tech if someone could explain what exactly the details you want are... lol. I just shoot the thing. I want to learn the stuff you guys know, so tell me the stuff... Alred sounds like you need to take a trip to a ski resort. Taos is gorgeous I believe, and you could do the Bosque on the same trip! Thanks! I'll get my energy back!!! Can I take this picture out completely? The more I see it the more I realize it shouldn't be in here except for the mood is so awesome!

Julie Kenward
12-11-2008, 06:57 PM
I love this but I'd trim or clone that lump of snow at the bottom of the frame. The rest is really nice and silvery. Have you tried this as a b&w conversion???

Patty Sullivan
12-11-2008, 11:20 PM
I haven't done that but it made an awesome ps painting. I wish I could delete it since it is so out of focus. It is all icy silvery and sparkly and I like it for that. Forgot the oof. Thankyou!

Robert Amoruso
12-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Some interesting colors in the snow.