Metering Mode : Multi Segment
Light Source : Auto
Flash : Flash was not fired
Focal Length : 135.0 mm
Sensing Method : One-chip color area sensor
Lens : Nikkor 18-135mm f/3,5-5,6

Mike Moats
12-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Adrian, very nice image. I like the layout of the leaves and the diagonal line in the main branch. Great contrast with the yellow and green. Nice look on the black BG. I would crop some off the bottom, seems a bit more than you need there.Well done.

Julie Kenward
12-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Nicely done, Adrian! I agree with Mike that you could take away some of the negative space at the bottom and it would strengthen your overall composition.

Did you darken the BG in post production or was this straight out of camera? Also, don't forget to tell us what camera you used. I see you had a Nikon lens but what body?

Ed Vatza
12-11-2008, 06:42 AM
I like the composition here but do agree about cropping up the bottom a bit. I think the color, light and background look excellent. I must say I am just a bit concerned about the stems running across the leaves and wonder what it would look like from the other side with the stems running behind the leaves. Just curious.

Adrian David
12-11-2008, 12:16 PM
The background was really black, because of a dark fir tree in the background, and of the back-light...A few out of focus leaves were cloned out in PS...
The body I use is Nikon D300....
Thank you all for comments and suggestions! I will post a cropped image, later.