PDA

View Full Version : Daurian Redstart

Rene' Villela
12-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Good evening everyone!
Well, some times you are just lucky. Yesterday I was trying to re-shoot my body (the Great Tit), so I went to wait for him at his residence. While I was waiting, this guy just came and took a rest on a tree around 15 Meters (45 feet) away from me. He just gave me a dirty look and flew away. He barely gave me time to take 3 or 4 shots. This is one of them.

Comments and advices are always welcome! Thank you!

D300 - AF-S 300 + TC 1,7x, AP f/6.7, 1/500 sec, ISO Auto 200. Cropped, according to NX2 60%.

Arthur Morris
12-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Wonderful color, head angle, sharpness. You did well working with the slightly off-anlged light. Great bird BTW.

ps: Did you mean, "Re-shoot my buddy (as in friend)"?

Daniel Cadieux
12-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Ah, you see...there are more than just crows in your area!! :-) This is quite a beautiful bird René, glad you got the opportunity to share it with us. I only wish for a less steep angle, all else looks good. Perhaps some fill would have helped with the darker shadows on the face.

Stu Bowie
12-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Well exposed yellows Rene'. Well captured.

Axel Hildebrandt
12-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Very pretty species that I have not seen before, thanks! I like the pose and eye contact and wish for a lower angle and might sharpen the head a bit more.

Harold Davis
12-09-2008, 04:38 PM
beautiful bird, rene!! love the pose and the look it's giving you. the colors are fantastic.

Rene' Villela
12-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Arthur... lol Sorry! Typo! I meant BUDDY! That sounded funny!

Daniel... the angle, as I recall the bird wasn't that high and i was pretty far. I really don't know why the steep angle. uhmm! I could be wrong coz it happened very fast. Oh! But you see, these birds never come close to a residence area, only the crows do. :) I like the crows coz they are so smart and is fun to look at things they do. I just wish they came in different colors! :)

Axel... Just for you! You said you haven't seen this bird. I'm posting a view of his back!

I am glad you guys like it! I am afraid I did nothing. took a shot and change EV and took the next shots! That was it! Thank you so much! Cheers!

Lance Peters
12-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Very very nice - well done - no nits here.