PDA

View Full Version : Alien Ice

Mike Moats
12-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Here's another ice shot from the edge of a small stream. Looks like an alien with gills, not that I know what an alien even looks like, but this is how I envision them:D I hope I haven't offended any alien's that are watching.:)

Fuji S5 , Sigma 180 macro, Tripod, Natural Light, F32

Ed Vatza
12-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Excellent abstract image, Mike. I am always amazed and impressed by your ability to see compositions in things others just walk by. I really like the smooth curves and implied movement in this image. Finally the details in the ice are superb. Very well done, Mike!

Julie Kenward
12-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Mike, you're actually making me glad it's snowing like a banshee outside today. :D:eek::D

Looks like an alien to me...or the grill of a car in the 50's...one of the two! Ed's right...the implied motion in both of these last two images is very unique and I am going to be on the lookout for it as my neck of the woods begins its deep freeze.

I really like it as presented but was wondering if you played with the contrast at all or just stuck with the SOOC image?

Grady Weed
12-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Now this is nice abstract b&w a art Mike. A cover shot is on order somewhere!

Aristotle Georgiou
12-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Very much like this one Mike and excellent work seeing this.

Jerry van Dijk
12-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Nothing to add to the above, apart from this being one of the best abstracts I have seen from you so far!
- Jerry -

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Great detail Mike, I really love the texture and 3d feel of this photo. Heck Ripley's ready to jump out and take care of business on this alien.