PDA

View Full Version : Snow Geese right at ya!

Patty Sullivan
12-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Got this at the Bosque last weekend. Wish I was there now!

Doug Brown
12-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi Patty. I like the way you captured the action while the geese were flying towards you. I would like to see better separation between birds, and I would also like to see them placed on the left side of the image. I try to photograph 3 or fewer birds in an image generally speaking, unless I'm photographing a very large number of them. Please try to include tech specs with all of your photos. Thanks for posting, and I'm glad you enjoyed the Bosque!

Judy Lynn Malloch
12-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Very well exposed Patty and I like the flight action you captured in this image. I agree with Doug in that I would like to see more canvas to the right leaving them ample room to fly out. Many thanks for sharing.

Tony Whitehead
12-09-2008, 02:28 AM
Agree with above comments. Nice to have all the heads visible. Looks a little soft so could probably stand a little more sharpening.

Arthur Morris
12-11-2008, 06:57 PM
This is an image with lots of potential that suffered poor image optimization. Did lots to create the repost. I like that all the head are A-OK.

Patty Sullivan
12-11-2008, 11:01 PM
I actually thought I wasn't supposed to DO any editing, just show the unedited photo... I will try and edit it now and see how I can do with it. Thankyou Artie for the editing job. It is better with the darker wings. It is so hard to shoot upper exposures and get the focus right, and lower exposures always look too dark. I love your really light white birds like the Gannets. They glow. Someday. ,,, Thankyou. Are you gonna get the Butterflies in Pismo Beach when you go to Los Osos area? They are 20,000 right now, higher than three days ago by 5000! I want to go so bad but can't afford the gas to go up there. Big storm coming in on Saturday. You got your weather if you are coming now... ps