PDA

View Full Version : Bosque Sunrise Stitched Pano

Arthur Morris
12-08-2008, 08:16 PM
This was a nice way to start off Bosque IPT #1. Tripod mounted Canon 70-200mmmm f/4L IS lens with the EOS-1D MIII. ISO 800. Evaluative metering +2/3 stop: 1/5 sec. at f/4. Five HORZ frames stiched and then cropped mostly from the left side.

Don't be shy; all comments welcome.

Jeff Cashdollar
12-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Beautiful,

Looks like the 70 - 200 series is a good walk around lens.

I love the habitat images - great time of day too.

Regards

J$

Robert Amoruso
12-11-2008, 12:42 PM
The 70-200mm f/4 is an excellent and sharp lens perfect for landscape images Jeff.

Nice upper and lower edges (lower edge clean). I would have liked to see a bit more room from the edge on the left to the goose (like the right side). You could clone him out. Tree placement works well to balance image.

Way in the back the really small geese close to the edge are not a problem (to small so not to noticeable) but could be cloned out too if so desired.

David Kennedy
12-12-2008, 01:55 AM
Jeff, I've gone from the 70-200mm f/2.8 to the f/4 and recently to the f/4 IS. "f/4 is your friend" is my new mantra for telephotos. (All of my short lenses are f/2.8 or faster, but I am in a photojournalism program.)

I think this is is a well composed pano--Artie, the difference a year of practice makes!!!

Am astounded that as many birds are as still as they are at 1/5 sec. The only thing I might ask for is a little more vertical space, but I think it works well as is.

Robert O'Toole
12-12-2008, 06:26 PM
What a great morning this was Artie and very well done here. Beautiful. Thanks for bringing back the memory for me.

I do see some artifacts or halos but I think that might be from the uploading and compression.

Robert

Arthur Morris
12-13-2008, 08:10 AM
Thanks all. The goose on the left is within the frame and I am fine with that. It would not look so close in a large print. Maybe? I love the 70-200 f/4 for dozens of uses. And f/5.6 is now my new telephoto friend as in 800 f/5.6L IS... And yes, that was my vary favorite morning of the trip.

Kristen Westlake
12-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Wonderful colors! Nice work with the stitched pano. I love how the birds on either side of the frame are looking INTO the frame and not out. Perfectly balanced.
Nice!