PDA

View Full Version : Raven At Sunset

Paul Lagasi
12-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Not many birds around now, winter has set in...cold and snow are here to stay I guess. Today while driving home from work...wind was howling, saw this Raven, had to stop and get a shot..sun was just setting...white on tree is snow

D300 300 2.8 w 1.7tc ISO-200 f4.8 1/400

Judd Patterson
12-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Paul, the wind sure did give the ravens feathers a very unusual appearance...kind of reminds me of a shaggy bison beard! :) I love the warm light on what looks like a crisp, very cold evening. I wish the viewing angle had been a little less steep, which might have also provided you with more background options other than pure blue. With winter setting in, now could be a fine time to come across some fine northern birds...Bohemian Waxwing, redpolls, crossbills, owls, etc. Good luck.

Doug Brown
12-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Love the warm light. The angle is a bit steep. I would crop quite a bit from the left of the frame and a little off the bottom; there's too much sky and not enough bird in the frame for my taste. Thanks for posting!

Arthur Morris
12-10-2008, 07:18 PM
The combination of the steep angle and the bird leaning slightly away from you is the big problem here. If only you had brought the ladder.

Paul Lagasi
12-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Artie thats a problem here...we have many big trees...lolol..I'll think about the ladder idea..might work (but better get my medical paid up)...thanks for input to all. I liked the colors

Arthur Morris
12-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi Paul, That's why I like the beaches: no trees. I was 95% teasing about the ladder... Have fun and be careful. And enjoy the holidays.