PDA

View Full Version : Green Back Chicks

bill kominsky
12-07-2008, 08:03 PM
These are Green Back Chicks in the nest and thought it may be one that would be a little interesting for some people, it was for me, a kid from Brooklyn
Canon MK-II-N - ISO=400-f/6.3 1/200th. of a sec. 700-MM.
All c/c very much appreciated.

Bill

Arthur Morris
12-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Nicely done. Two good head positions out of three. The iris of the bird in the back needs to be lightened. You did a good job of getting through the mangrove leaves to your subjects. I wish that the light had been even softer.

A kid from Brooklyn... Where did you grow up?

bill kominsky
12-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Nicely done. Two good head positions out of three. The iris of the bird in the back needs to be lightened. You did a good job of getting through the mangrove leaves to your subjects. I wish that the light had been even softer.

A kid from Brooklyn... Where did you grow up?

I know you also came fom Brooklyn Artie, me I am first a Williamsburg, then a Flatbush and finally a Sheepshead Bay until leaving for the sunshine state.

Bill

Judd Patterson
12-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Nice work Bill. As Artie mentioned, it's tough to get all three to look in the same direction, so it's nice that a couple of them could cooperate. I like how your viewpoint shows these youngsters tucked into the pond apple leaves...excellent framing. I think the harsh lighting is the biggest problem here. Now that you know the nest location, perhaps an earlier (or later) visit will prove successful.

Rene' Villela
12-08-2008, 05:33 AM
He!He! I wonder if they will be beautiful when they grow up! Very nice Bill, nice to see something different too! Thanks!

PS. i wonder how old they are!

Arthur Morris
12-11-2008, 07:34 AM
I know you also came fom Brooklyn Artie, me I am first a Williamsburg, then a Flatbush and finally a Sheepshead Bay until leaving for the sunshine state. Bill

I was born on E38th St. and Ave T--Marine Park/Flatbush. Caught my first striped bass at the now site of the Kings Plaza Mall. Played lots of golf at the Marine Park Golf Course...