PDA

View Full Version : Bosque Last Week WOW!

Arthur Morris
12-07-2008, 07:59 PM
This image was created with the Canon 24-105mm IS L lens (at 32mm) with the Canon EOS-1D MIII (mounted on the Giotto’s tiny ballhead via a Wimberley P-5 camera body plate). ISO 400. Evaluative metering +2/3stop: 1.6 seconds at f/4.

The first Bosque IPT group was blessed with two mega sunrises, the second with one. This is day 3 on the first IPT. I keep the Giotto’s tiny ballhead (http://www.birdsasart.com/giottos.htm (http://www.birdsasart.com/giottos.htm)) either in a vest pocket or in my rolling bag (when working close to my vehicle). If I am doing lots of short lens/slow shutter speed scenic photography (as I often do at Bosque), I keep the Wimberley P-5 plate on one of my three Mark III bodies, otherwise I “store” it in the clamp of the ballhead. The crescent moon with earthshine was a bonus!

Don't be shy; all comments welcome.

John Ippolito
12-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Stunning, beautifully exposed image. I love how the moon fits into the opening in the clouds-and what clouds! Also the great reflection of the clouds in the foreground. Ouch.

Judd Patterson
12-07-2008, 11:02 PM
That is one amazing sunrise. You did a very fine job composing this image complete with gorgeous elements such as the clouds reflections and the crescent moon. Wow, to be standing in front of this scene!

christopher galeski
12-08-2008, 03:44 AM
this picture,is on fire,nice picture.thanks.

Juan Aragonés
12-08-2008, 04:24 AM
Superb image Artie, everything works fine for me in this imaga and I wouldn´t change a single pixel on it. Love the horizon placed in the lower third of the frame, the vertical elements like the two dead trees in a perfect position, the dramatic sky and the moon is the ice on the cake. oh, well, you have some geese too here that a re a nice touch :D

Rene' Villela
12-08-2008, 05:37 AM
I forgot how many times I saw this image! I like it so much and I keep coming back! Cheers!

Scott Grant
12-08-2008, 09:37 AM
fantastic image Arthur!

i wish i could see that sight with my own eyes!

farhad
12-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Sooo nice and great shot Mr Morris

Mike Lentz
12-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Must agree with the crowd, very eye appealing! I love those beautiful moments, need to savor every last one!

ChasMcRae
12-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi Art,
Great shot as usual with fab color and setting.
The only thing "bugging" me are the trees on both sides being "broken" by the mtn background.
The pic actually overpowers this and only nitpicking would actually notice this.
Your photos from the Bosque are always new and great.

Chas.

Arthur Morris
12-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Hi Art, Great shot as usual with fab color and setting. The only thing "bugging" me are the trees on both sides being "broken" by the mtn background. The pic actually overpowers this and only nitpicking would actually notice this.
Your photos from the Bosque are always new and great. Chas.

Hey Chas.,

I tried to get them to replant the trees on top of the mountains but incredibly, they refused.

Best to you and to Joyce.

ChasMcRae
12-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Love that answer !

Sounds like something I would say.

I have to admit ,your focus on Bosque has created a unrivaled volume of work. Look forward every year to seeing fresh approach.

Chas.