PDA

View Full Version : Short-eared Owl

kiko arcas
12-07-2008, 06:40 AM
Hi friends :)

I took this photo last winter behind the car. I hope that you like it. Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Nikon D2x, Nikkor 200-400 F4, Nikkor 1,4x., 1/90 f5,6 iso 320

Rene' Villela
12-07-2008, 07:03 AM
It is really nice Kiko! I love it! Thanks!

Juan Aragonés
12-07-2008, 07:12 AM
Hi Kiko I like a lot the owl´s pose and the low angle with that soft and creamy BG. I wish for a little more room at the top of the frame and I think that some selective lightening on the owl would produce a better result. Here is what I am talking about (I also added a litle of oversposure to that beautiful eye). Very good job!

Daniel Cadieux
12-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Yes, I like it alot. I also like Juan's touch-up. I too wish for more room above, and possibly a little less below. Good low angle, and the pose the owl gave you is quite nice.

joel quenneville
12-07-2008, 03:28 PM
The pose is great. I also think that the image would benefit from more room at the top and a little less at the bottom. Using fill flash would have helped to light up the beautiful eye. Juan did a great job on the repost. I love the way you emphasize the owl by using such a narrow depth of field. Although blurring the background is common, blurring the foreground so that it adds to the composition is a lot harder. The owl has a good head angle and, when brightened, a great eye contact. Congratulations.

Arthur Morris
12-08-2008, 08:41 PM
This is a beautiful image. A great bird, great look back head angle, and soft light. Juan's repost is an improvement. All that is left now is to do a crop from the bottom.