PDA

View Full Version : Dark-Eyed Junco

Mark Schmitt
12-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Dark-eyed Junco

This is about the BG. A layer was created and gausian blur was used to soften all of the leave so as to create splashes of color. The crop could be better, but I wanted to feature the BG.

EXIF
Camera: Canon 20D
Lense: Canon EF 100-400 IS L; effective focal length 400mm
Metering Mode: Partial
Mode: Av priority
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/1600 @ f 7.1: Exp. comp -.33
White Bal: custom 5400K

Stu Bowie
12-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Firstly, I think you have created the effect you wanted on the BG very well Mark. It certainly is smooth, OOF, and very colourful. Comp wise, a bit of a square crop, but sometimes it cant be helped. I would maybe take a little off the bottom, and maybe a bit from the top, and add a bit to the left to create more of a landscape. The subject really really stands out very well too. Well done.

Manos Papadomanolakis
12-07-2008, 12:55 AM
I really like the soft/warm light,details and pose,maybe just a bit crop at the top!

John Chardine
12-07-2008, 08:09 AM
I like the light and colour in the image very much. Sharpness is excellent and noise is not noticeable. The BG is great and very complementary and complimentary (!) to the bird.

Daniel Cadieux
12-07-2008, 09:57 AM
The Junco looks great, perfect head turn! Good looking "Oregon". The perch is nice too...but I'm not so sure about the lower part skimming the edge towards the LRC. About the BG: Although the colours a great, I do find it has the "gausian blur look" to it...a little too smooth. I'd be interested to see how the BG looked like originally.

Arthur Morris
12-08-2008, 08:40 AM
I like the BKGR and would actually like to see it with a bit more G BL and the tonality evened out a bit. A crop from top and bottom is in order. Love the light, the head angle, and the sharpness. All in all, well done.