PDA

View Full Version : Texture

Art Kornienko
12-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Cropped in a bit to get a special effect. Can't find the original to get the photo specs but it seems to me it was the 20D with the 300 F4L IS.

Julie Kenward
12-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Art, the colors and subject matter are spectacular. I love the angle that you photographed this at - it really draws my eye in to the center.

My one comment would be to maybe clip a little off the top. Since I can't see the entire back petal, I'd personally rather see a little less. That way my eye stops at the hard lines of the center and doesn't go back to the back petal where part of the hard line is missing. Does that make sense?

Do you remember taking this outdoors in natural light or if it was in indoor plant? It's beautifully lit and well exposed and that makes me wonder if it was outside or inside with flash or ???

Tulips...who doesn't love a good tulip?

Mike Moats
12-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Hey Art, well done, I like the comp, colors, and details. Jules has a good point on the crop.

Art Kornienko
12-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi Julie, it was outside with no flash but not in direct sun light. Thanks for the comments.

Aristotle Georgiou
12-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Nice shot Art, l really like the fiery colours to this wonderful flower and nice natural light.

Ed Vatza
12-09-2008, 06:24 AM
Art,

I like the subject here. The colors are lovely. And I like the basic compositional idea. But it doesn't quite work for. Maybe it is the crop as has been mentioned above. Another crop might have worked better here.

Nagesh Mula
12-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Hey Art, its simply beautiful. I read Jules comments and I too now share her point.

Gus Cobos
12-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Excellent composition Art. I like the texture and sharp details the hues of red have a silk like quality, which does it for me...good show...:cool: